Fabulous Fjords

Fabulous Fjords

Wednesday, 17 June 2026

16th June 2026 - Toronto

 Margaret has been having some issues with the intercom for the building when she opens the front door for visitors. Anybody that enters her code at the front door gets an odd message from the Bell Telephone Company talking about converting to fibre or being cut-off. We thought it was scam but Margaret found out it was the Bell telephone company trying to get all the residents in the building to convert to fibre connection.  She has already converted but still gets the message. Apparently Bell just sends it out to everybody because it is easier for them. Unfortunately it affects the voice communications between the visitor and Margaret.  She can't hear them and they can't hear her. If she presses the magic button at her end the door opens but it could be anybody Margaret is letting in.

I had lunch with Jim and Aldona at Allens pub. I had been there before with Aldona on St. Patrick's day in 2014 when I was here for Margaret's 80th. It was a nice sunny day so we sat out in the back patio. Jim insisted on paying so Aldona and I ordered up big time!!!!

The Three Amigos

Aldona has just got back from her annual holiday with Anna and Monica to some exotic place in Italy. According to Aldona it was a tour if geriatrics. Five blokes and twenty-odd women all well over seventy.... interesting.  

The things you see when you haven't got a gun!!!


When I got back to Margaret's apartment I had to have a Nanna nap to process the beer from lunch??

Margaret  and I went for a walk round the park again. The weather was still fine and cool although there were some black clouds to the north but as yet no precipitation. 

I did some more tinkering on Margaret's computer,  adding bigger fonts to the desktop and email.  She has an appointment on 8th July with an Opthalmologist to determine what treatment she needs to cure the cloudiness in her left eye. 

Hit the sack at 10.30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

27th June 2026 - Oslo

 Breakfast is serve yourself buffet.  It was very good with plenty of  variety. After breakfast I walked across the square and up Karl Johan...