Fabulous Fjords

Fabulous Fjords

Friday, 26 June 2026

26th June 2027 - Dublin to Oslo

 David came round to my hotel for breakfast. I only had a light one like his, one egg, bacon and sausage. We drove back to his place and I rescued my washing which was dry but looked pounded to death. The wash/dry cycle was 7.4 hours!!! David took me on his daily walk to Mortons supermarket about 15 minutes away. He buys his Irish Times and one days provisions there every day. 

David shopping 

On our way to the supermarket

Secret door into David's back access. 


We just had a snack for lunch, sausage roll. David ordered a taxi for me for 2.15pm to go to the airport. We said our goodbyes outside his place. I probably won't get back to Ireland again and David doesn't think he'll get to Australia. His eyesight is bad and his knee is pretty crook so his mobility is impinged badly. The gate to my SAS flight to Oslo was miles away and they didn't have a lounge for business class passengers. There were only two business class passengers on the flight, me and a Norwegian bloke. The seats were economy seats but right at the front. We had a meal provided where the rest of the passengers had to pay for their food. We were delayed getting away because of a shortage of staff to drive the trucks that push the aircraft back from the gate! ! We waited for 40 minutes but were only twenty minutes late into Oslo. I took the train from the airport to Oslo central station. It cost A $19. The hotel was close to the station. The extra night for a pokie one bed room unit cost A $449! !!! I was into my room at 9.30pm.

Entrance to my room. 

My bed  $449




No comments:

Post a Comment

27th June 2026 - Oslo

 Breakfast is serve yourself buffet.  It was very good with plenty of  variety. After breakfast I walked across the square and up Karl Johan...