Breakfast was included with my room so I arranged to meet David there at 9.15 am. He said to start without him so I did and he eventually arrived at 9.30 am. I had cereal and full Irish breakfast. After breakfast we headed back to David's place to pick up my suitcase. The trip to Belfast was fairly uneventful, we had lunch in Holywood on the way to Clandeboye Lodge. We checked in about 2pm and went to our rooms for a nanna nap?? At 5pm we went into Bangor to fetch John Birch for dinner this evening. He was captain of one of Inst's most successful rugby teams. They won the Ulster Schools Cup and the Roehampton Seven-a-side. He was in David's class at Inst and have been great friends for over 70 years. He won two caps for Ireland in Argentina in 1970. He was presented with his caps at the Aviva Stadium (Landsdowne Road ) on 15th November 2024.
![]() |
| Alan, John and David |
We had dinner with John at Clandeboye Lodge. He is a very interesting character and knows all the famous Irish rugby players. He took a taxi home and David and I retired to our rooms to recover from the stresses of the day???

No comments:
Post a Comment