Fabulous Fjords

Fabulous Fjords

Sunday, 21 June 2026

21st June 2026 - Dublin

 We landed early at 7.50 am. It was pretty basic as we used stairs rather than an air bridge to disembark!!!! Our luggage took for ever to get to the carousel.  Eventually the bags arrived.  David had texted me to say he was at the "arrivals". When I came out he was nowhere to be seen. My phone didn't work as Telstra doesn't include Ireland in their roaming deal. I logged on to the airport wifi and called David James on Whatsapp. He answered sounding breathless  (he was riding up and down Howth hill). He called David and discovered he was waiting in Terminal 2 Arrivals area not Terminal 1 where I was. Eventually David turned up and we took a taxi to his place.  We caught up with all the news and then headed to the Nursing Home attached to David's complex for lunch. Lunch was the usual canteen fare, not very inspiring.  

Lunch in the nursing home canteen 


I met a few of David's neighbours on the way back from lunch. They were charming and very friendly,  mainly women. Back at his placed I showed a few family videos using my phone screen sharing with his TV.

David's garden furniture! !!

Chair with cushions! !



A couple of old codgers soaking up the sun. 

















 About 4pm David James turned up and we sat out in the back yard and shot the breeze. We had some quiche and sausage rolls for tea and a glass of Cote de Rhone. David James went home and David took me to my hotel "Uppercross Hotel " where I stayed in 2024.




No comments:

Post a Comment

27th June 2026 - Oslo

 Breakfast is serve yourself buffet.  It was very good with plenty of  variety. After breakfast I walked across the square and up Karl Johan...